Ιn the corporate scheme of the Gazelle project, participate the following partners:
Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Greece)
– University of Ruse (Bulgaria)
Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GR)
A.C.C.I. serves as a basic advisor and consultant to the Greek Government in matters concerning commerce, industry and economic development policy. This mission is prescribed by Law (N.2081/92), as well as by successful tradition. The confluence of these two factors has established the reputation of ACCI in both the Government and the country’s business Community as one of the most authoritative advisory bodies for decision making and orderly operation of the country’s economic activities.
ACCI has a mission to inter alia:
- Assist the Government in the fields of commerce, industry, services and general development policy;
- Represent, support and promote entrepreneurship;
- Encourage and help individual enterprising initiative;
- Strengthen enterprise competitiveness and Greek economy in general;
- Promote research and technological development and help Greek enterprises to adopt them.
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece)
The idea of establishing a University in Greece emerged alongside with the Greek War of Independence, also known as the Greek Revolution. The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, officially founded in April 14th, 1837, is the first University not only of Greece but both the Balkan peninsula and the Eastern Mediterranean region.
Today, NKUA has eight (8) Schools offering a range of study areas defined by great variety and scope. Currently, students can choose among 33 bachelor’s and 183 master’s programs and also pursue doctoral studies.
Decades of cooperation with partner institutions from most European countries as well as the participation of the NKUA in international organizations, associations and university networks, have led to a consistent development of our University’s international profile and its fundamental role in student and staff mobility.
In particular, the Department of Economics of the University of Athens plays an important role in the production of economic knowledge, offering a critical analysis of economic relations and institutions. Its research output enriches the Greek and international literature in economics and related fields.
Enterprise Greece (Greece)
Enterprise Greece suggests the evolution of the former organization “Invest in Greece S.A.” incorporating, HEPO (Hellenic Export Promotion Organization) and the Hellenic Foreign Trade Board—to a new and innovative outward-looking body. Enterprise Greece is the official agency of the Greek State, under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to promote investment in Greece, exports from Greece, and make Greece more attractive as an international business partner.
- Attracts, welcomes, promotes, supports and retains investment in Greece;
- Promotes Greece internationally as an attractive investment destination through marketing, events, and strategic outreach;
- Supports Greek producers and service providers with guidance, assistance, information and resources to better reach international markets;
- Connects Greek exporters and entrepreneurs with potential partners around the world;
- Organises the presence of Greek companies at conferences, fora, exhibitions and trade shows in global markets;
Cyprus University of Technology (Cyprus)
An important parameter of the international recognition that the University enjoys is the universities’ international rankings. In less than 10 years of operation, the CUT has occupied high positions in international rankings. Specifically, in the 2017-18Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE), the CUT is ranked 351-400 worldwide. At the 2017 Young University Rankings, the CUT is ranked 88th in the top new universities in the world, 12th top-of-the-line university and 201-250 among the top European universities.
The international networking of the university is realized through its participation in 67 international organizations and bilateral cooperation with 78 universities abroad which lead to beneficial inter-university synergies. In addition, the internationalization strategy is enhanced through its participation in the Erasmus mobility programme.
The Faculty of Management and Economics, founded in 2007, has managed in a relatively short period of time to be considered among the elite Schools of Management and Economics in Cyprus and Greece gaining at the same time international recognition from the academic community. This quick establishment is mainly attributed to its exceptional academic staff members who remain committed to the primary goals of the School to advance teaching, promote research excellence and build strategic relationships with the business world.
Ruse Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Bulgaria)
Ruse Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the first chamber established in Bulgaria in 1890.
RCCI is an independent, voluntary public organization (non-profit organization) set up to support, promote, represent and protect the economic interests of its members and to promote market and economic relations for European and international integration the region and the country.
Its main activities include:
- Providing wide range of services to member and non-member companies to help develop their businesses, and establish international trade relations
- Facilitating foreign investment projects implemented in the Ruse region; Promotion of the economic development of the region
- Lobbying local and central government and other public authorities to promote an understanding of the role and needs of the business
The Center for Knowledge Management
The Center for Knowledge Management (CKM) is a research and educational center (think and do-thank) established in 2008 in North Macedonia with an aim of enhancing and improving knowledge management processes in all societal spheres in North Macedonia and the SEE region. Covering a wide area of activities performed in collaboration with the civil sector, the state, and public administration, and the profit sector, CKM ‘s vision is to become an active actor in the institutional and economic development of the country, and the region in general. CKM works in the areas of competitiveness, innovation, technology transfer, digitalization, and entrepreneurship.
In particular, CKM’s activities can be classified in several areas of work:
- At macro level, CKM conducts research and analysis in the area of local, national, and regional development for the purpose of exploring current and proposing new policies, measures and projects in the area of economic development, science and technology, business enabling environment, digitalization, and entrepreneurship.
- At micro level, CKM works in specific high growth industries where it supports clusters, R&D activities, technology transfer, innovation and competitiveness in the country and the wider Balkan Mediterranean region.
- At individual/organizational level, CKM works with youth, women, innovators, and entrepreneurs in the area of strengthening the available human capital, increasing the digital skills, and supporting the entrepreneurial mindset. The Center is an established center of excellence in Innovations with a small prototyping studio supporting individual SMEs and Startups in developing their potential and capacities in introducing innovations supporting the principles of circular economy in North Macedonia and the wider Balkan Mediterranean region.
From 2018, CKM is an official EUROSTAT recognized Research Center and one of the three EU recognized centers in North Macedonia. The organization has more than 10 memorandums for cooperation with the main technical universities in North Macedonia and the Balkan region.
In the past decade, CKM has successfully implemented many projects funded by the European Commission from the Erasmus plus program, the SEE Transnational program, Interreg BalkanMed program, CrossBorder Programs and has collaborated with UNDP, IFES and other partners and donors.
The Center is established by respected members of the community coming from the civil, public and private sector, whose knowledge and experience provides a strong synergy of competencies in a vast array of disciplines. The combination of capabilities and competence make The Center for Knowledge Management an exceptional partner in developing of new ideas and implementing local and international projects in a wide range of expertise like knowledge management, digitalization, innovation, and competitiveness.
University of Ruse (Bulgaria)
“Angel Kanchev” University of Ruse is an autonomous state higher school in Bulgaria. It was transformed with a Decision of the People’s Assembly of 21 June 1995 and is a successor of the higher technical school, established in Ruse on 12.11.1945. There are eight faculties in the structure of the University: Agrarian and Industrial Faculty, Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering Electronics and Automation, Faculty of Transport, Faculty of Business and Management, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Education, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Public Health and Healthcare, two Branches of Ruse University in Silistra and Razgrad and a Bulgarian and Romanian Inter-university Europa Centre.
The tradition and the geography of the university determine its mission and its strategic role of an educational, scientific and intellectual center of the Ruse region and northeast Bulgaria. Teams from “Angel Kanchev” University of Ruse participate in the implementation of over 250 multi-lateral and bi-lateral international agreements in the field of science and education, of which over 200 are under the Erasmus Programme.